[mb-style] RFV: STYLE-330 Make 2-on-1 (or generically, M-on-N) release groups "Compilations"
bflaminio
2014-10-24 04:00:41 UTC
Expected end of RFV: 2013-11-01 00:00 UTC
Jira Ticket: http://tickets.musicbrainz.org/browse/STYLE-330
RFC:
http://musicbrainz.1054305.n4.nabble.com/RFC-Make-2-on-1-or-generically-M-on-N-release-groups-quot-Compilations-quot-td4667103.html

The proposal is to remove the line "A release containing two albums and/or
EPs." from the official style guide and associated documents.

(1) https://musicbrainz.org/doc/Style/Release_Group#Secondary_types
(2) http://musicbrainz.org/doc/Release_Group/Type

SwissChris
2014-10-24 08:53:37 UTC
No. Not before Style-331 has been implemented, as Caller asked for, to
prevent these to be simply dumped in all these "Best-of"-Compilations
--
http://musicbrainz.1054305.n4.nabble.com/RFV-STYLE-330-Make-2-on-1-or-generically-M-on-N-release-groups-Compilations-tp4668964.html
Ulrich Klauer
2014-10-24 12:20:10 UTC
Post by bflaminio
Expected end of RFV: 2013-11-01 00:00 UTC
RFVs are history now.

Ulrich
bflaminio
2014-10-25 23:04:10 UTC
/No. Not before Style-331 has been implemented, as Caller asked for, to
prevent these to be simply dumped in all these "Best-of"-Compilations/

Bah. My super simple, change one line of text proposal got derailed by
complicated, confusing schema change that may take years to implement.

/RFVs are history now./

I know. I was mostly trying to attract the attention of our dear BDFL.

Thanks, guys.

caller#6
2014-10-25 23:22:16 UTC
Post by bflaminio
/No. Not before Style-331 has been implemented, as Caller asked for, to
prevent these to be simply dumped in all these "Best-of"-Compilations/
Bah. My super simple, change one line of text proposal got derailed by
complicated, confusing schema change that may take years to implement.
/RFVs are history now./
I know. I was mostly trying to attract the attention of our dear BDFL.
Thanks, guys.
Your super-simple proposal was held up by my
should-have-been-super-simple proposal :-)

I'll try to get that resolved.