[mb-style] Strange mail answer
Frederic Da Vitoria
2015-04-29 15:13:34 UTC
Hello,

I just had an issue while entering a new release and I posted a question to
musicbrainz-***@lists.musicbrainz.org. To my surprise, I got an answer
from a company called InnovativeAir telling me a ticked had been entered. I
checked the mail I sent and the destination was correct.

Does this make any sense to any one?
--
Frederic Da Vitoria
(davitof)

http://www.april.org
Ben Ockmore
2015-04-29 15:34:46 UTC
I have a feeling that the -users mailing list was closed a couple of months
ago, due to low activity. May be wrong though, but that's what I remember
from talk in #musicbrainz-devel.
Frederic Da Vitoria
2015-04-29 16:04:07 UTC
Post by Frederic Da Vitoria
Hello,
I just had an issue while entering a new release and I posted a question
answer from a company called InnovativeAir telling me a ticked had been
entered. I checked the mail I sent and the destination was correct.
Does this make any sense to any one?
OK, I guess that's part of the explanation. I'll ask my question again here.
--
Frederic Da Vitoria
(davitof)

http://www.april.org
Calvin Walton
2015-04-30 16:07:50 UTC
Post by Frederic Da Vitoria
Hello,
I just had an issue while entering a new release and I posted a question to
from a company called InnovativeAir telling me a ticked had been entered. I
checked the mail I sent and the destination was correct.
Does this make any sense to any one?
The musicbrainz mailing lists are public, so it is possible that there
are spammers harvesting email addresses from t he mailing lists. This
sounds like a simple case of an automatic spam message, and I don't
think there's anything we can do about it.

Your message did make it to the musicbrainz-users mailing list
correctly - and I can see it - but with the low traffic on the list,
it's a bit iffy whether or not you'll get a useful response.
Calvin Walton <***@kepstin.ca>
Frederic Da Vitoria
2015-05-01 17:27:34 UTC
Post by Calvin Walton
Post by Frederic Da Vitoria
Hello,
I just had an issue while entering a new release and I posted a question to
from a company called InnovativeAir telling me a ticked had been entered. I
checked the mail I sent and the destination was correct.
Does this make any sense to any one?
The musicbrainz mailing lists are public, so it is possible that there
are spammers harvesting email addresses from t he mailing lists. This
sounds like a simple case of an automatic spam message, and I don't
think there's anything we can do about it.
Your message did make it to the musicbrainz-users mailing list
correctly - and I can see it - but with the low traffic on the list,
it's a bit iffy whether or not you'll get a useful response.
No problem, I posted again to mb-style and I got all the answers I needed.
It just feels a little strange to post to a style list about a non-style
issue
--
Frederic Da Vitoria
(davitof)

http://www.april.org
Frederik “Freso” S. Olesen
2015-05-05 11:02:05 UTC
Post by Frederic Da Vitoria
No problem, I posted again to mb-style and I got all the answers I
needed. It just feels a little strange to post to a style list about a
non-style issue
Indeed. The thinking with closing the -users list (which still hasn't
been done, even though it was actually decided a long time ago, and
re-decided again recently) is that the MB forums has pretty much
superseded the discussion that -users used to be the main forum for.

OTOH, you could also say with the recent style revamp, that maybe -style
is redundant now and any discussion here could easily go in -users… :)
--
Namasté,
Frederik “Freso” S. Olesen <http://freso.dk/>